Sunday, May 31, 2009

Everyday Greatness

One of the books I'm currently reading is Everyday Greatness by Stephen R. Covey.

It's a group of short stories, based upon a theme. The stories are followed by inspirational quotations.

For instance, a few of the quotations on the meme of "luck"...

"I was once asked if there was such a thing as luck in trial law. "Yes", I replied, "but it only comes in the library at three o'clock in the morning". That holds true for me today. You still find me in the library looking for luck at three o'clock in the morning" Louis Nizer attorney and author at the age of 82.

"When I was 15, I had lucky underwear. When that failed, I had a lucky hairdo, and then a lucky race number and even lucky race days. After 15 years, I've found the secret to success is simple. It's hard work. Margaret Groos, marathon runner.

To reach the port of Heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it---but we must sail and not drift, nor lie at anchor. Oliver Wendall Homes.

Discipline, temptation, courage, attention, innovation, gratitude, change, friends, respect, empathy, vision ~ it's full of reminders and words of wisdom, great stories.

Highly recommend it!

No comments: