Saturday, October 10, 2009

Summer is over...I'm back at the gym

Please forgive me if I'm behind in answering your emails and the little slow down on posting. Last year, I lost 28 pounds and took the summer off of exercise and dieting and had a good time for myself. Gained 8 pounds and enjoyed every moment of it. But, I've been back to the grind of the diet for the last two weeks and got my fanny back to the gym in the past week.

3 1/2 pounds of the 8 are gone.

I'd like to drop another 15 on top of the 8.

Perhaps I'll journal the progress.

For dieting, I'm doing the only thing that works and is sensible and healthy - Weight Watchers - for me the counting points method is the only way to live out life without real deprivation. I'm a yogurt, honey, tiny amounts of granola, nuts, arugula salad kind of gal - so it's not that hard really. If you want to do a toot for a day, you can still do it and lose if you're being honest with yourself about what you're eating - aka writing it down and counting the points. They have a converter now that is like a calculator if you need it but I've been doing it so long I generally know the points of everything I'm eating.

I love the feeling when you get your furnace going with diet and exercise. I belong to Planet Fitness which I don't think you can beat for 10 dollars a month. There's no exercise classes or frills but all the equipment you need and want.

They got a new piece of equipment since my hiatus that is a stretching thing. It's like a cage you step into with bars all around you and a step in front of you. It's delicious. Makes stretching a cinch. Stretching has become an important asset to keeping back and neck pain and stiffness at bay. I usually do the eliptical for 45 minutes to an hour with the goal of burning 400 calories and then do a few arm, stomach and side muscle machines.

I still need ipod lessons but can at least get the thing going.

Anyway,that's what I've been up to. Speaking of which - I'm off to the gym!

No comments: