Saturday, February 27, 2010

The farewell to Paterson won't come soon enough

Just get out


A scandal-scarred Gov. Paterson formally ended his short-lived election campaign Friday afternoon.
Paterson, under investigation by Attoreny General ndrew Cuomo for contacting a woman who accused one of his top aides of domestic violence, made the announcement at his Manhattan office with his wife, Michelle, at his side.
"I am being realistic about politics," he said. "It hasn't been the latest distraction, it's been an accumulation of obstacles that has obfuscated me from bringing my message to the public.
"There are times in politics when you have to know not to strive for service, but to step back - and that moment has come for me," Paterson said. "Today, I am announcing that I am ending my campaign for governor of the state of New York."
"It has become increasingly clear to me in the last few days that I cannot run for office and try to manage the state's business at the same time. And right now, New York state needs a leader who can devote full time to this service."

Crocodile tears here in Pembroke!

No comments: