Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

What a gorgeous weekend it is.


By the way, a few people have privately expressed concerns about my posts this week wondering if I was considering giving up my shtick.

For the sake of avoiding scandal, I wanted to clarify that my posts were about what to do in one particular situation.

The only thing that would or could lead me to folding up shop and giving up my role is God. Push back or insults from people who don't want to hear the truth doesn't even make my radar screen in terms of contemplating whether this is a message from God to cease and desist. This goes with the territory always.

Catholics have a duty to use whatever gifts they have been given when they come across a situation impeding or harming evangelization. But the duty does not apply when the situation will be used to further scandalize the faith or in situation where it's been proven it is a waste of time and effort. There is only so much time and so much energy for effort. It should be used wisely.

There was no fear to face the music or concern about loss in the situation.

You've got to know when to hold em.
Know when to fold em.
Know when to walk away.
Know when to run.

:O)

I digress. I hope everyone is having a fantastic Labor Day.

If you read about a mother from Pembroke in the news tomorrow chasing her children all the way back to college, they were home watching television with their friends last evening and now I can't find the changer to turn on the television to watch Jerry Lewis. This along with five loads of laundry, using my powder room like it's a dorm where a cleaning crew comes in to clean the sink after every use and having a friend accidentally set off their car alarm at 1:00 in the AM to go home.

I better find that changer by 5pm or there will be more than one McKinley in the doghouse.


Anyway, while getting my fix of Jerry on the internet, this is just too good to pass up - it seems like the theme for the week:


No comments: