Thursday, December 9, 2010

Obama Replaces Christ in Christmas Play in Roxbury

From my friendKelly Thatcher

I wish I could take a picture of the display at Warren Street and Walnut Avenue in Roxbury, Massachusetts...but I can't. At least at night, and that's when it counts, because the Christmas display is all lit up then. The star? Not Jesus. Not even Santa. Nope. In letters a gillion feet high blaze the words:

OBAMA IN THE HOUSE

No kidding.

I mean, there's a small creche, the words "Peace on Earth," a few reindeer, you know, the usual. But OBAMA IN THE HOUSE trumps the whole display. Why? What the bleep does the president have to do with Christmas?

Go tell it on the mountain, Obama in the house.

Is Pelosi sitting in for the Virgin Mary?

You've got to wonder how much crazier it could get.

No comments: