Saturday, January 15, 2011

NECN "makeover" - The Dumbing Down of America

A Saturday morning gripe.

I keep wondering why I'm paying so much per month to watch television when I only watch the movie channels, Fox (the national one) and EWTN, but this week during the storm, I put on NECN.

 They're apparently in the midst of a 'major makeover'?


Wow and wowee.   The dumbing down of America.  

Absolutely jaw dropping.


I can't figure out whether the two personalities who are front and center are intelligent people taking their verbiage down to the moronic level because that is who they think their audience is, or whether they themselves are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

They incessantly repeat some theme song where some dame butchers the English language, saying things like 'I'm wey-in foyer, wey-in foyer'  which in context I presumed to be "waiting for you".

You know that genre of music they're drilling into American children?   Keeping children in the ghetto in the mindset of sounding illiterate (geared towards black children especially) where they say 'whiff' for 'with' and 'teef' for 'teeth', etc.   (Ever hear that song?  Some poor intellectually and morally challenged woman sings  "brushin my teef wiff a bottle of jack, i ain't coming back',  after she's  parked her booty in some irresponsible man's sack for the night.  Every time it's on and my own kids are in the car, I say, "Really lady???  The guy didn't even have toothpaste??   Get a tutor,  a moral compass and head for the nearest AA meeting.  You're a mess!"   (I'm not one for conspiracy theories... but I swear it is an exploitation of not too sharp in the head people by big money bigots.  It couldn't possibly be done in good faith.....could it??!)

What they're doing to people who watch television is absolutely brutal!

2 comments:

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

I think it's deliberate. Consider who was at the helm of American public education - its reputed father. John Dewey, a signer of the Humanist Manifesto. There is most certainly a concerted effort to compromise language skills, for when that is done, thinking and analytical skill will also fail. They become sheep unable to think, and will thus be maleable to the state.
Read Neil Postman's "Amusing Ourselves to Death". It's not an easy read, but well worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

The last time I watched television was twenty years ago.

No, I do not miss it.

I, too, think it is a deliberate "dumbing-down". It has been quite effective, don't you agree?

Veronica