Great analysis HERE.
Here's the cut to the chase:
1. that the SSPX will not change or even mollify their position and,
2. the Vatican will not throw out the Council....
So let us take just one example and try to explain the complexity of the issues to the good bishop and those who agree with him:
1. There is no definitive Magisterial teaching which condemns the New Mass. Fact.
2. Everyone who finds fault with the New Mass must therefore make a theological argument based on other teachings about the Mass and apply those teachings to the New Mass.
3. Where there is a theological argument, there is room for individual error and there is the potential for theological disagreement.
4. When there is theological disagreement in the Church, and this disagreement reaches critical proportions, it is the Holy See which has the final say.
5. The final say on the Catholic character of the New Mass rests with the Holy See.
Deja vu all over again.
Why don't they just give it up. They are a shining example of how to rebel against Christ Himself on theology. There isn't a dime's worth of difference between SSPX and the rebellions of truths by Joan Chittister and all the characters at NCR, Vox Nova and America Magazine.
The Mass and Sacraments are valid. Get over it.
Did the Woodstock nutjobs take the liberty to innovate, desecrate the Holiest of Holies and defile a generation of souls?
They sure did.
Are there priests using invalid matter and prayers?
Indeed they are. But the people sitting in their pews, giddy over the false doctrine these priests teach them are getting exactly what they deserve. Bubkis.
The Sacraments are valid at the overwhelming number of parishes. It is a mess but it is valid.
Give it up. Admit you were wrong. Come back to Christ's Church where you are desperately needed and where you can lead by example.