Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Bishops and Bloggers



The bishops, meanwhile, should consider embracing the Catholic blogosphere. The best way to do this would be through face-to-face meetings with bloggers in their dioceses. Misunderstandings could be resolved and bloggers encouraged to bring bishops’ messages to a vast new audience.

Unless you are in one of the handful of dioceses with a faithful Shepherd who treats faithful Catholics with honesty and respect, I do not recommend forming relationships with the Bishops.

The minute a Catholic blogger accepts an invitation to get chummy with the Chancery, it is the beginning of the end of your efficacy.

I remember once going to a meeting about the crazy sex ed program. I brought all the materials with me and spent 1/2 hour educating the Bishop's representative.

I presumed the meeting was called in good faith and after hearing the irrefutable evidence the program was perverted, against the Canons, not to mention creepy, weird and dangerous, the outcome of the education would be intervention.

Instead, I was invited to be on a Committee.

I remember saying I have a job, a family, a home, friends, relatives and a life. This action doesn't require any stinking committee. You just need to show it to the Bishop and then he makes a phone call and yanks the thing. It will be all over in an hour and a half. Why on earth would I put the needs of my family and life aside for months to sit in a room full of people you've stacked with victims of apostates? Is that what you've dragged me here for?

That was about fifteen years ago and I was never invited back.

Do you think it was something I said?

If you are a Catholic blogger, keep your distance from the Chancery - except to give them the goods and ask them for intervention. Your efficacy in freeing victims relies upon their knowledge in what will happen next if they don't intervene.

For the first few years, be prepared for passive-aggressive references about you on the Bishop's blog and Archdiocesan newspaper and MSM. Expect to be discredited, slandered, bullied, threatened.

When they realize your focus is solely Christ, they will come to terms with the checkmate. Eventually. After a lot of eggs on their faces.

You want and need the freedom to report what happened to Mrs. So and So when she wrote to tell the Bishop about the coven of women who are baking bread with cinnamon and sugar for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

You want complete independence. Don't accept any invitations to meetings or swanky events. Don't take money or a job.

That's my advice. Take it for what it's worth!

10 comments:

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

Carol, I couldn't agree more. The ADW tried to rope me in and I too saw the trap. They are now wary of this blog. Of course that means I cannot serve on any parish ministry, lest they try anew to shut me up.

Karen said...

Carol, your advise is worth a lot...
You know from whence you speak!

JB said...



TTC, so true and your post made me laugh. "We'd like you to be on a new committee we're forming..."

Committee and "dialogue" are the ultimate code words for Modernists.

Real Estate For Life .org said...

In Detroit (too many things to list here) we notify the Moderator and he "gets right on it"; years later . . . . don't ask, don't tell & please don't call.

TTC said...

REFL - keep on their tail!

They don't want to hear from you?

Tell them that's a crying shame.

If they won't take your phone calls, find another person to email and cc the Nuncio. Send a certified letter.

In a lot of ways, I feel sorry for them. When I first started blogging, I couldn't begin to describe the the magnitude of emails, letters, phone calls I received.

I remember it annoying my children. One day, we pulled up to our home after a picnic and found two UPS packages on my front steps. At the time, my son was about 13 years old. Upset by what seemed to him to be people crawling out of every crack in our woodwork, he opened the garage and found two more packages. LOL. All filled with sad stories about something happening in a parish with a wayward priest or lay person or treatment from the Chancery.

It is overwhelming. But there are a couple of handfuls of people who are problems. Discipline one, five will cut the baloney. Discipline the second and the other few dozen will crawl back under their rock.

You've got to keep on them!

n.b. - thanks for your work for the unborn!

TTC said...

JB,

A committee my eye!

TTC said...

Janet - you are a great warrior for Our Lord - thank you too for your hard work!

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

Couldn't agree more. I've been persona non grata since Bishop Loverde arrived in the diocese over a decade ago. I don't lose any sleep over it. I've never cared about a place at the table; I just want the truth and the faith for my children.

TTC said...

MaryAnn, People who get a thrill out of sitting around a table at the Chancery to rubber stamp the decisions of the people in power while the bishop is being chauffeured from one pot luck supper to another are fascinating.

Do I want my legacy to God's people associated with diluting God to two men with beards and a bird and sacrilegious communion?

Not on your life!

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

Carol, you say "discipline one, five will cut the baloney". That might have to come from us; pickets are very good for that, we've learned. We can discuss privately if you'd like.