Sunday, February 21, 2016

This is how a Catholic Funeral Mass is Celebrated.



For those of us who missed it, I'm linking to Justice Antonin Scalia's funeral Mass for viewing when we have an hour to sit and watch.

Jaw dropping example of a practicing Catholic who gave his life to serve Christ's people, Church and his beloved country -- right to the end.

Keep your kleenex handy.


This is a great article on the salutary corrective nature of the Funeral Mass. A must read for TTC readers.


A great gift awaits.

The Holy Sacrifice begins about 45 minutes into the video and is well worth making the time to watch.

If you are really pressed for time, the readings and homily start about 52 minutes--a magnificent representation of the fiat of a Catholic.
At the very least, go to 1:46 in the video to taste and see the goodness of Our Divine Lord.


Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all!
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how revere this wondrous gift,
So far surpassing hope or thought?

Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore!
Oh, make us love Thee more and more.

Had I but Mary's sinless heart
With which to love Thee, dearest King,
Oh, with what ever fervent praise,
Thy goodness, Jesus, would I sing!


Thy Body, Soul and Godhead, all!
O mystery of love divine!
I cannot compass all I have,
For all Thou hast and art is mine!


4. Sound, then, His praises higher still,
And come, ye angels, to our aid;
For this is God, the very God
Who hath both men and angels made!



That's it. Watching everything imploding and being destroyed around us, this is our witness.

No comments: