Another article on your Guardian Angel.
1. When you wake up, greet your Guardian Angel and beg him to accompany and protect you throughout the day.
2. Before you pray, put yourself in the presence of the Holy Angels and beg your Guardian Angel to enlighten you.
3. Before you leave on a journey, ask your Guardian Angel to come along and protect you. One common way to do this is to always recite the Angel of God prayer as you pull out of the driveway in your car.
4. Throughout the day, you may recite a short prayer such as “O blessed Angel, I love you and I wish to love you more and more.”
5. Before going to bed, than your Guardian Angel for protecting you this day and ask for his assistance throughout the night.
I would add take your Guardian Angel to Mass and Adoration as often as possible so he/she can touch Christ's cloak and consume His healing power to keep in reserve for when you (and others) need it.
Some great reminders in this article- anyone else have any thoughts?
Love, love, love this prayer:
O glorious Prince of the heavenly host, Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in the battle and in the fearful warfare that we are waging against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against the evil spirits. Come thou to the assistance of men, whom Almighty God created immortal, making them in His own image and likeness and redeeming them at a great price from the tyranny of Satan. Fight this day the battle of the Lord with the legions of holy Angels, even as of old thou didst fight against Lucifer, the leader of the proud spirits and all his rebel angels, who were powerless to stand against thee, neither was their place found any more in heaven. And that apostate angel, transformed into an angel of darkness who still creeps about the earth to encompass our ruin, was cast headlong into the abyss together with his followers. But behold, that first enemy of mankind, and a murderer from the beginning, has regained his confidence. Changing himself into an angel of light, he goes about with the whole multitude of the wicked spirits to invade the earth and blot out the Name of God and of His Christ, to plunder, to slay and to consign to eternal damnation the souls that have been destined for a crown of everlasting life. This wicked serpent, like an unclean torrent, pours into men of depraved minds and corrupt hearts the poison of his malice, the spirit of lying, impiety and blasphemy, and the deadly breath of impurity and every form of vice and iniquity. These crafty enemies of mankind have filled to overflowing with gall and wormwood the Church, which is the Bride of the Lamb without spot; they have laid profane hands upon her most sacred treasures. Make haste, therefore, O invincible Prince, to help the people of God against the inroads of the lost spirits and grant us the victory. Amen. (indulg. By Leo XIII, 25 Sep. 1888]