Saturday, May 14, 2016

"Nuns"


I was fortunate to live in a time and place when 'nuns' were consecrated religious women devoted to the Sacraments and empowering our people with the tools for salvation.

It is funny how one person can have such an impact on a young child.


My grandfather was a stickler for teaching us all to read the newspaper every day to know what is going on in the world and have the ability to intelligently discuss it. He died in 65, just about the time moral corruption was being spoonfed through the media to the village idiots. He was lightyears ahead of his time. Right before he died, I remember him pointing out trash on television and teaching me never to let that anywhere near my intellect and soul.


In spite of my Irish Catholic upbringing, I think reading the newspaper armed me with just enough of the propaganda to give the nuns a run for their money. One sister in particular took an interest in divesting me of my delusions.

I quite frankly don't know how she could stand it!

She brilliantly used my willingness to deliver the talking points of the world and taught the 40 students listening how to unravel the spin and find the truth, even if we didn't/wouldn't acknowledge it. (I try to use her great gift and witness on this blog!)

And how she loved. Everyone in the class knew I was her favorite student.

This woman was a master at looking through the windows of our eyes to see our soul and using her vocation and gifts to direct you to Christ.

Years after graduation I went back to get my transcripts for some courses I was taking and bumped into her in the hallway. It was at a point in my life when I was tangled up with some wild wealthy stallion who had taken me on quite a ride away from Sanctifying Grace. One part of me was so happy to see her and the other part of me said 'oh crap' because I knew she would see it.

I enthusiastically gave her a big hug and a kiss and good news from my family and friends, hoping she would not drop the shoe. But she did. She kept asking what was the matter, something is wrong. I kept assuring her all was well. She was trying to engage me in a spiritual encounter which I kept brushing off. Defeated, she withdrew, saying almost to herself, "Something is wrong, I can see it in your eyes".

I returned to my car exhausted and I'm sure she went to Our Lord and Mary and covered me in prayer.

This is the kind of a nun we are blessed to have in the Catholic Church!

It is such a sorrowful sight to see what religious women have done to their vocation.

It is a spectacle of morally-bankrupt pathetic sea hags who have spent decades using their vocation to lead generations into temptation and sin. They are dried up fruitless branches. All that is left for them to do is stand on edge of their graves in their polyester suits from the Men's Warehouse and clamor about their inferiority complexes and low self-esteem.

Much has been reported about how Pope Francis responded, including on this blog.

I wish I knew why the Pope pretends he doesn't know the Church has a Deposit of Faith that beautifully answers any and every question people have posed for 2000 years. Why does he continually distance himself from it or diminish it as error he intends to correct?

This trajectory is doing terrible damage to the inside of the family and Church - and to his own credibility.

Does he wish to diminish the glorious vocation a woman, which the Blessed Mother revealed to us at the Wedding Feast of Cana, to driving to the Church to hand towels to men?

Please.

It was a terrible question that revealed the spiritual poverty of the religious woman who asked it. His answer disclosed his own poverty on the vocation of women.

But I will say this - at least this time Pope Francis said he would check for answers with the CDF. But let us not kid ourselves because he also said this:

“It seems useful to me to have a commission that would clarify this well.”

Given the history of this papacy contradicting the Magisterium, I do not hold out hope about good-faith motives and outcome of this 'commission' to 'clarify' what he should already know about the vocation of a woman.

3 comments:

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

The first recorded instance when someone tried to "clarify" God's explicit directive was when Satan (using the serpent) questioned Eve about God's directive not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. That worked out well, didn't it?

Ever mindful said...

Bless that holy nun...she would have been pleased to read that your sincere reflections and writings are also a light to help us see within our own souls...thank you

TTC said...

Good point RDCC! If Pope Francis was going to pull together a committee to clarify the CDF's clarification, the intention is most certainly not to come up with the same answer! Surely even he must know that if its one thing he is not good at, it is clarifying Church teaching or even recognizing people who know how to do it.

Ever mindful, thanks very much for your encouragement and kind words. Readers and commenters help contribute to that fruit. We do it for each other. The internet is really such a blessing during these times.