Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Medjugorje Update: You can fly to Bosnia to go to Church.


I was surprised to read the latest comments from the Francis team at Medjugorje a few days back.

Speaking to Aleteia last week, Archbishop Henryk Hoser said: “Today dioceses and other institutions can organize official pilgrimages. It is no longer a problem.”

He also said: “The devotion of Medjugorje is allowed. It’s not prohibited, and need not be done in secret.”

I would think before a local bishop could make a statement in a newspaper, we would first get the changed status from the Vatican. I hate to say it, but I concluded this was just another screwball contradiction of the Magisterium. I mean the real Magisterium.

But the bishop backtracked today. I had to read the message a few times to crack the code. He's articulating the current position of the Church: If you'd like to organize a pilgrimage to Bosnia to go to Mass, knock yourselves out - the 'seers' and their "messages" are forbidden - we're all waiting for the shoe to drop - and it isn't "if" but "when".

So it appears he misspoke. There's a lot of that going around

Save yourself the money and work, get in your car and go to your local parish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I went to Medjugorje in the summer of 1988.

We visited Dubrovnik. Loved it.

In Medjugorje I had the best stuffed peppers that I have ever eaten.

In the Church I was near tears hearing the chorus of Immaculate Mary sung with intonation different than we sing/sang it here in the U.S.A. It was breathtakingly beautiful in St James, as I think the Catholic Church was called there, to hear that intonation fill the Church.
I will never forget how moving that musical experience was.

I never have believed that Mary appeared there.

Our marriage went down hill in the year that followed....

As the Everly Brothers sang beautifully...

So Sad to Watch Good Love, Go Bad.

My thoughts on Medjugorje....


Karl

MaryP said...

Lay people may not and can not give blessings, except to their own children, as parents.