Monday, December 15, 2008

Lifeteen Founder Dale Fushek Excommunicated

What happened to this poor man will remain a mystery.


Many hierarchical Church insiders had little respect for Fushek and for a variety of reasons didn't have any trouble believing the plausibility of the criminal charges against Fushek. Call me suspicious, but the charges against him never passed the sniff test. A priest involved in youth ministry who talked to teenage boys about sexuality can be hijacked by the hysterical.


In general, Lifeteen ministries cultivate prayer and worship, and a deeper commitment to Christocentric thinking and living. There are many fine priests and adults working this ministry and doing good work and there are others who spin out of control in various ways. The flaw in this ministry, is that it attracts adult Peter Pan types - adults dissed as kids who never made it out of puberty emotionally. Fusak among them. His ego, his Masses and just about everything he did was an out of control Cirque de Soliel.

Since diocesan cronies sell the innocent down the river with the guilty, and so many druggies, mentally unbalanced and people with axes to grind against the magisterium concoct memories, I never make a judgment on these kinds of things unless the facts demonstrate guilt. I was sympathetic up until the point in time when Fushek tried to draw people away from Christ's One, Holy Apostolic Church.

The fact that he would do that with complete disregard for the salvation of those he was luring away from Christ, indicates to me a bad egg.

He has a choice to make in response to his excommunication. He can harden his heart and flow with the current of rebellion, or he can realize what he did was wrong and repent.

The fruit of discipline can bring a soul to righteousness and salvation - or he can flow with the current of rebellion and end up bitterly betraying our Lord in spiritual suicide, gradually disemboweling himself.

It's sad to see any priest give in to a crucible and I pray for his soul. Kudos to the Bishop for revealing the status of his salvation so that he can repent and save himself. Sure beats making nice and knowing that sins unrepentant are devouring your charge.


Soul of Christ, santify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within your wounds, hide me.
Never let me be separated from you.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
At the hour of death, call me;
and bid me come to you.
That with your saints I may praise you
forever and ever.

Amen.

St. Ignatius pray for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of the alleged victims. Please be patient, for the Holy Spirit will guide us through to reveal the truth. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend in Christ,

Sometimes, the Holy Spirit leaves a mystery. The systemic rot, corruption and cowardice has fostered an environment where truth is never the pursuit. All sides tragically lose.

If true, I'm sorry for your pain and suffering. You know, and he knows and God knows. This is all that is really necessary for the kind of justice none of us can escape. It seems he's now in a corner facing his demons. Here's to praying he chooses truth.

Carol