Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh-oh, we can kiss "American" customer service goodbye

If you bought anything technological for your kiddies for Christmas, you can't get your new router or computer to work or you need to talk to somebody about your mortgage payments, you are in deep doodoo.


60% of Egypt and India's Internet is down after under-the-sea cables break.

Speaking to reporters, Rajesh Chharia, president of the Internet Service Providers’ Association of India, said: "Information technology companies, software companies and call centres that provide online services to the UK or the US east coast are the worst affected."


Naturally.

Hey,I'm no luminary..but...um... I have an idea.

What about taking all the unemployed Americans trained IT and technology and give them the jobs we are giving to non-Americans?

2 comments:

Lynne said...

"What about taking all the unemployed Americans trained IT and technology and give them the jobs we are giving to non-Americans?"

Works for me! ;-)

Also, given the uncertain political climate between India and Pakistan, is India really a good place to be outsourcing jobs?

TTC said...

Lynne,

Happy and Blessed Advent!

Makes no sense whatsoever and it never did.

When I had my transcription service, the doctors outsourced to Indian services who barely understood English, much less medicine. When of my accounts asked me to reduce my per-line fee to compete, I casually mentioned the concept of slave trade and said I could never and would never treat my subcontractors who were American women that way because my conscience would bother me. He eventually baited one of my subcontractors to violate her non-compete clause and offered her 6 cents a line less than he was giving me. There's a sucker born every minute.

Anyhoo, the kicker is,Bill Clinton is responsible for all the outsourcing of jobs to non-Americans who will do it for pennies on the dollar and the suckers just put the empire back in power.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Keeping your intentions in my prayers.