Saturday, May 30, 2009

St. Joan of Arc Feast Day

Today is the feast day of St. Joan of Arc. Some of her quotes are below.

Luckily, I've met many in my life who have her spirit and her courage.


"One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying."

“Act, and God will act”

"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else and for everything you gain, you lose something else"

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back"


"Most sweet Lord, in honor of Your Holy Passion, I implore You, if You love me, to instruct me in what I am to say to these churchmen. "

"You say that you are my judge. I do not know if you are! But I tell you that you must take good care not to judge me wrongly, because you will put yourself in great danger. I warn you, so that if God punishes you for it, I would have done my duty by telling you!"

"Alas! Had I been in the Church prison, to which I submitted myself, and been guarded by the Clergy instead of my enemies, as I was promised, this misfortune would not have come to me! Ah! I appeal to God, the Great Judge, for the great injuries done to me!"

"If you come from God, I do not fear you ... if you come from the Devil, I fear you even less. "

"Bishop, I die because of you! "


God forgive us: we have burned a saint - Reported words of an English soldier after the execution.

A friend recently sent me something that said "Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"

St. Joan of Arc, pray for us.

No comments: