Thursday, October 21, 2010

BOYCOTT NPR

NPR is under siege after firing Juan Williams for saying what every rational person in America thinks when Muslims are seated on our planes.


"I think the U.S. Congress should investigate NPR and consider cutting off their money," said Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is also a Fox News contributor
Gingrich called the firing "an act of total censorship."
"I think the whole idea that if you honestly say how you feel about Islam -- what he said was very balanced, people should read what he actually said -- the idea that that's the excuse for National Public Radio to censor Juan Williams is an outrage and every listener of NPR should be enraged that there's this kind of bias against an American," Gingrich said...

Given Homeland Security is letting Muslims get through security even when they are on a no-fly list because they're too busy checking how much Lancome face cream or lipgloss we have in our carry-on -- are they serious?


Whipping, beating, stoning women, pedophilia, the hating of America and Americans that led terrorists to hop on four planes to committing mass murder of Americans on 911 -- and NPR says people who see Muslims as people of violence... need to keep their opinions between them and their psychiatrists?


I don't think so.  This is America


Speaking at the Atlanta Press Club Thursday, Schiller defended the firing, saying Williams should keep his feelings about Muslims between him and "his psychiatrist or his publicist."
Williams told Fox News that he was fired Wednesday by Ellen Weiss, NPR's vice president for news. He said Weiss told him he made a bigoted statement and crossed a line.
"I said, 'You mean I don't even get the chance to come in and we do this eyeball-to-eyeball, person-to-person, have a conversation? I've been there more than 10 years," Williams said. He said Weiss responded that "there's nothing you can say that would change my mind."

 I love Mike Huckabee's idea:


Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, another Fox News contributor, called on Congress to stop cutting checks to NPR and said he will no longer accept interview requests from NPR "as long as they are going to practice a form of censorship."
"NPR has discredited itself as a forum for free speech and a protection of the First Amendment rights of all and has solidified itself as the purveyor of politically correct pabulum and protector of views that lean left," he said.

NPR calls me from time to time.  They are politically liberal but I must say that they have been fair in the stories I've done with them.     Unlike most of the liberal media who take what you say out of context and then ambush you.

But this is too much.

This quote wins the first place blue ribbon in the category of disingenuous:

Hooper said he did not think Williams, an African American who has written extensively on civil rights in the United States, is a bigot. But Hooper said, "Everybody's accountable for their words and their actions, and when he seemed to legitimize singling out people who are perceived to be Muslim based on their attire on airlines, I think that crosses the line."

Ever been an American traveling in Islam?

A Jew?

Give me a break!

There should be an all out boycott of NPR.

1 comment:

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

I wish I could tell NPR that I'll now boycott them. However, since I don't listen to the crap anyway, such talk of boycott would be dishonest on my part. Sigh! ;-)