Saturday, January 28, 2012

Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas



I'll be keeping my relic close to my heart today, praying for his guidance, protection, a little piece of his wisdom, and all of your intentions.



O Lord my God, help me to be obedient without reserve, poor without
servility, chaste without compromise, humble without pretense, joyful
without depravity, serious without affectation, active without frivolty,
submissive without bitterness, truthful without duplicity, fruitful in good
works without presumption, quick to revive my neighbor without haughtiness, and quick to edify others by word and example without simulation.

Grant me, O Lord, an ever-watchful heart that no alien thought can lure away from You; a noble heart that no base love can sully; an upright heart that
no perverse intention can lead astray; an invincible heart that no distress
can overcome; an unfettered heart that no impetuous desires can enchain.

O Lord my God, also bestow upon me understanding to know You, zeal to seek You, wisdom to find You, a life that is pleasing to You, unshakable
perseverance, and a hope that will one day take hold of You.

May I do penance here below and patiently bear your chastisements. May I also receive the benefits of your grace, in order to taste your heavenly
joys and contemplate your glory. Amen.

St. Thomas Aquinas

1 comment:

Maria said...

I remember when I sent you this prayer. Time is going much too fast. The older I get, the faster it goes... It is a beaut, isn't it?