Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Iowa Caucus

It's about 10pm and I'm watching the results come in. Here's my soundbyte: We dodged a bullet. It's a close race with Romney scraping by with the momentum going to Santorum. He's actually beating Romney as I write. Given the money and venom Romney has spent, that's actually an amazing feat.

The prolife grassroots will not get behind Romney. (Yes, I saw the MaryAnn Glendon press release and I repeat, the grassroots will not get behind Romney. MaryAnn et al is NOT the grassroots!) The grassroots has a memory like an elephant and they remember Santorum throwing a prolifer under the bus for Spector. I wouldn't say there's a lot of rah-rah enthusiasm but at the end of the day, they'll get behind him because they know he is prolifer with a blemish on his record. And, they'll get behind him enthusiastically to avoid the train wreck of Mittens.

I'm surprised with Gingrich's showing but pleased with Santorum's.

Praying for Mercy.

No comments: