Thursday, September 18, 2014

Elizabeth Scalia directs her vicious smarm to Cardinal Burke

I refuse to link to her rotten website or repeat the content of that vile woman's post.

Pope Francis really knows how to pull the family together and sow his seeds. Scalia is a regular Pope Francis blossom.

Below are comments about Scalia's malicious shtick from Fr. Nicholson who says it better than I ever could and with more charity than I can muster for the stink that emanates from her and "Patheos":



What a vicious, smarmy attack on the spotless integrity of Cardinal Burke. She breathlessly recently defended the sordid decisions of one prelate ... because it complemented her world view.

Now she mocks this great man, by suggesting it will do him good to work with the poor migrants in Malta.

All because he has done more than most in preserving the patrimony of the Faith.

Shame on her.

I am sick to death of Patheos.

I am sick and tired of such illuminators of other people's consciences.

I am sure in her own way, she rivals any Missionary of Charity by her outreach.

She is divisive; a divider.

Why would anyone read this woman's expulsions? Because like someone with bad breath, it is impossible to avoid it.

Spare a prayer for such a divisive individual. May her idle words be forgiven her.

12 comments:

JB said...

She is truly awful. She used to write some good columns but ever she made her inaugural visit to Rome a few years ago her arrogance went through the roof. It jumped off the page.

Disgusting.

StevenD-Jasper said...

Dolan wrote a foreword for one of her books. She's corrupt, arrogant and condescending. Like many over at Patheos.

Steve Dalton said...

I went over to Scalia's website, and man, she's Mark Shea in drag! Although her putdown of Cdl. Burke was bad, her defense of Dolan was horrific. And the defense of her Dolan post by that Pia woman was twisted logic at it's extreme worst. However, I noticed that the vast majority of the commentators were disgusted with her nonsense on the Burke and Dolan posts, as well as Pia's defense of her Dolan post. So there's some justice in this world, after all!

JB said...


She's unreadable anymore. The vicious, incredibly condescending crack about "smells and bells," as if she were patting the Cardinal on the head was too much to stomach. She owes him an apology immediately but she's on one of her "retreats' and has closed her "combox," obviously because the overwhelming majority of her commenters are stunned by how nasty she is.

Anonymous said...

What can you expect of Vatican II "catholic"? Quit reading her ages ago--she brings nothing to the table worth looking at. Has a condescending attitude she and Mark Shea need to hook up--birds of a feather. Patheos is pathetic. Never go there.

Dymphna said...

I used to like Scalia and then she became the Patheos queen and I just could not read her stuff anymore. Maybe she's always been this way and now she's not hiding it anymore.

Mary Ann Kreitzer said...

I was reading an interview on the America website today with Mark Shea and it really made me angry with his comments about Catholics who only care about abortion, homosexuality, etc.

I did a post on it I was so angry.

http://lesfemmes-thetruth.blogspot.com/2014/09/im-sick-of-this-blather-show-me-these.html

I don't read Elizabeth Scalia and it sounds like I don't want to. thanks for the heads up!

TTC said...

Mary Ann, you knocked that one right out of the park!.

Guys and Gals, reading all your comments about the reaction of her own readers, I am tempted to read them!

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

Oh, Carol! Resist that temptation! Recall that if you click on her site, you increase her paycheck! Please!

Restore-DC-Catholicism said...

JB, I believe her trip to Rome was to attend that bloggers' conference hosted by the Vatican - by invitation only. I wonder if the attendees had to agree to take talking points from the Vatican?

Netmilsmom said...

I refuse to give them a hit. If I have to go there, I have every block of Ghostery that I can get. I refuse to feed their coffers.

JB said...

DC, yes I think that is right. I remember her writing about how it was her first trip there, how nervous she was to fly, etc., I found it disarming and cute.

But as time went by, the arrogance became overwhelming. I don't know if it's because the invitation only bloggers conference suddenly made her think that the Holy Spirit was speaking through her, or just that she had become an international traveler now, a cosmopolitan woman of the world with friends in the Vatican (!) no less, and her ego went out of control. Lol.

I remember when I first went to the Vatican 25 years ago and you do get this feeling of being overwhelmed. It's common. But it usually goes away quickly, and should go away quickly in someone of her age. But no.

She's tight with Jesuit Father Martin and Shea and that's all I need to know.