Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Public Information Request regarding Eric McFadden

January 27, 2009


Via email


Kent Marcus, Esq.
Christine Thompson, Esq.
General Counsel, Gov. Ted Strickland
State Capitol
77 Sough High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Dear Ms. Thompson and Mr. Marcus:
Please accept this request for information relating to a complaint filed by me in October of 2007 with Kent Marcus and Christine Thompson in Governor Strickland's Office of General Counsel that made allegations that Mr. Eric McFadden of the Governor's Office of Faith-Based Initiatives was a dangerous person - in particular to women. Mr. McFadden used internet resources to threaten, stalk, sexually harass – including using sexual terminology in a perverted and inappropriate manner, compulsively sent communications to me and to others, so numerous and consecutive, that their intention was to intimidate. I reported that given my experiences with Mr. McFadden I was very concerned he was victimizing others and in particular, women.

Within days of my complaint, Mr. McFadden was removed from the OFBI and transferred to the employ of State of Ohio Correctional Facility and shortly thereafter was appointed to Ms. Hillary Clinton's campaign - which Governor Strickland was deeply involve in and was rumored to be Ms. Clinton's first choice candidate for Vice President.

Given Mr McFadden's deranged and dangerous conduct to women, including sexual obsession and solicitation and compulsive obscene postings, compelling prostitution of a minor, pursuant to any and all applicable Freedom of Information and Sunshine Laws of the State of Ohio, I would like to obtain a copy of the following records:
1. Written and electronic communication relating to my complaint, including copies of my communications.
2. Written and electronic records, including actions taken to investigate my complaint, findings of any conducted investigation, emails and internet traffic reports of Mr. McFadden's computer relating to sexual solicitation, implied or overt threats to those he philosophically opposed, instructions to staff and employment decisions made based upon those findings.
3. A detailed written account of Mr. McFadden's hours of employment at the Office of Faith Based Initiatives that chronicles his days of attendance as well as any days he was absent, on vacation or used sick time as this is germane to match against his time and date stamped public postings on the web.
4. Any information relating to the decision to shuffle him into the employ of the corrections system.

I understand that if I seek a copy of this record, there may be a copying fee. Please inform me of that cost prior to making the copy. I can be reached at #XXX-XXX-XXXX or email at cmmckinley@aol.com.


According to the statutes, this request should be acted upon as soon as possible, but in no event later than the third business day following receipt of this letter. If access to the records I requested is going to take longer, please contact me so we can work out a reasonable date.

If you choose to deny the request, then you are required to respond in writing and state the statutory exception authorizing the withholding of all or part of the public record and the name and title or position of the person responsible for the denial.

Thank you for your assistance on this matter.
Respectfully,

Carol McKinley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when do you think they will respond?

TTC said...

They're supposed to respond to me fairly quickly - if I don't hear from them in a timely manner, it will be time for me to take the next steps.