Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Rant about the Emails of a Blogger

My email account with aol keeps crashing because of volume.

Habitually, I try to unload a couple of hundred emails a day to keep up with volume but when something is cooking, it isn't enough. I get these grandiose aspirations that I'll answer the important ones or I'll tuck things away with info in them I want to read when I can process complex info - but they drop down and get lost.

The bricks keep adding to a pile and after several weeks, I'm in a jam. When it gets to this point, I can't figure out how to delete the older ones hundreds at a time which makes the chore at this juncture deleting over 10 thousand emails one-by-one. Making myself sit patiently to do that is about as appealing as staying home and waxing floors on a beach day.

This is the worst I've ever been. Usually, it gets in the 2000 range.

On top of feeling out of control, and feeling like people think I'm snubbing them (resulting in hurt feelings), the crashing is happening with such frequency and for such long periods of time I keep thinking one of these days, I'm going to lose the whole shabang with all my contacts. That would stink.

I at least try to read all of them so I can stay on top of the information and triage emails asking for help with this or that. If you've sent me something that I haven't responded to and posted and should have, I apologize.

No comments: