Thursday, October 16, 2014

Synod Day 9: Apostasy Really Livens Things Up a Bit - One only wishes one had a tomato.

 +
IHS

On the Feast of St. Teresa of Avila



This is turning out to be quite the family feud.

One can hardly keep up with the developments.

Judging from the information from numerous reliable sources, the outcome appears to have been jury rigged and Pope Francis appears to be holding a smoking gun.

Rorate is doing a bang up job.

Cardinal Muller has joined the chorus of outrage.   I read something he said earlier this morning that really gave me the willies.  I am trying to find it again so I can link but it was something to the effect that he is out of power.

Whatever the context was, it gave me the impression the synod is a sham, no matter what anybody says, it is an exercise in futility as the outcome has been fixed and nobody has the power to stop it.

Robert Royal's postings are also a must read.    Fr. Z links to it and comments.

Another outstanding article at American Spectator.   Pope Francis organizes a synod to help strengthen families and then orchestrates hundreds of screwballs to undermine Church teaching.

He's done more damage to the Catholic family in a week than 50 years of dissidents.

The Remnant also has some must-read articles.

Sometimes the culture of death can reveal the truth more transparency than they probably intend.

For instance, this Time Magazine headline:Pope Francis' Machiavellian strategy to liberalize the Catholic Church      The Vatican's synod on the family hasn't changed church doctrine. But it could slyly lay the groundwork for a major upheaval down the road.

Machiavelli.

I hate to admit it, but the dishonesty and sneakiness -- the year and a half of keeping the agenda veiled while he was behind the scenes organizing this well-planned sham -- I can't quite put my finger on it but Machiavelli struck a familiar chord.

The situation is explosive.

I was a scheduled lector today and prepared for reading the ordinary time readings.

When I read what they were, I thought - I am not in the mood for these readings as they are THE most misunderstood teachings of Christ.

They so hit the mark - prelates who have laid the terrible burden of robbing our children of their salvation - twisting and perverting Church teaching and  nothing or worse than nothing to help us.

And the kicker is, they use today's Gospel to imply Christ meant Church Teaching and those who teach it that are the burden.

Now the works of the flesh are obvious:
immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry,
sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy,
outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness,
dissensions, factions, occasions of envy,
drinking bouts, orgies, and the like.
I warn you, as I warned you before,
that those who do such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.




The irony that at the very hour this reading was to be read, our Holy Father was executing his synod to propound the Church should be teaching the virtues in immorality and licentiousness did not escape me.

All I could think of on my way over to Church was, if the homily tries to capitalize on the mess Pope Francis is making, I'm checking out of the Novus Ordo and heading for TLM at the Cathedral.    I'm not in the mood to get dragged down to the bottom.   Watch Christ's uncatechized be led to their own spiritual suicides.    Been there, done that and I don't have the bandwidth to stomach it again.

Look, we have to face what is happening in the Chair of Peter.  It is the natural progression of the same battles we fought in every parish in the United States.

They purport to want to 'help' out the children of two mommies.  We are certainly all for that but the truth of the situation is, once the children sit in the class with 40 other children who are there to learn how to make judgments on right and wrong, little Johnnie runs home to tell his two mommies what he learned in school today.


Then, the two mommies go up to the rectory to threaten the pastor - sometimes calling in a newspaper to tell the sob story about how they are being discriminated against.

Then the pastor gives an edict to the teachers to stop teaching our religion to the 39 other Catholic children in the class whose parents are paying tuition so what they teach at home will be fortified.

Bishops rob the entire village of Catholic families of their inheritance, the tools for their salvation, for the sake of one child of two mommies who position themselves to shut down Catholic moral teaching.

This is not about helping children - or any of us for that matter.

We have been dealing with the same old song and dance for decades on the parish and Chancery level.

The battle has advanced to the Chair of Peter.

I am not optimistic about the outcome.  Too many signs point to a big fugatz.

I arrived at Church ten minutes early, as I always do, to get acquainted with the lame intercessions.  Sometimes Carol adds or skips a word or two - like today I added "Holy" in front of "Spirit".  LOL.

I looked down to see today was the memorial feast of St. Teresa of Avila and the priest had chosen those readings.

I cried when I read them.

I know I keep repeating this, but we can't leave the vine.

I don't care if he marries Elton John to Cardinal Kasper in Vatican City.  We've got to hunker down where we are and speak the truth until we are kicked out of that parish.  Then, we go to the next and do the same.

These are our instructions from Christ and He promised us He would be back before it's completely demolished.

Buckle up.  We're going to give them a run for their money.

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of something Fr. Joseph Wilson wrote years ago about bishops. It's a timeless observation.


I watched Bishop Wilton Gregory catechizing that press conference about the National Review Board’s sexual abuse report and how it’s about "the children, the children, the children," whereas it is really about the bishops, the bishops, the bishops. This episcopate will never do anything but spin the problems; won’t ever settle down to address the hard work of renewal.

Watching the bishops’ conference in action is like viewing the film of a train wreck over and over again. With bright-colored clowns hanging out the train windows, waving and blowing kisses. One only wishes one had a tomato.

In the midst of it all, there’s one deep consolation, the one thing needful that they have not yet taken away: that still I can come forward and say with confidence, "I receive thee, Price of my soul’s salvation." And that is no small thing, at all, at all. But how long, O Lord?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one is leaving...there is no where to leave to. The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the one true Faith....that's all there is there ain't no more....but we very probably will be heading underground so to speak .....I highly doubt the powers that be will allow the TLM to continue unhampered.Each week I see the weary look upon the faces of the priests at one of the TLM Parishes where I Attend. These dear souls will suffer terribly..make no mistake about it, but they're up to the task and Our Lady will intercede for them. God Bless you dear heart...keep fighting the good fight, you're in my rosaries.

Connecticut Catholic Corner said...

Excellent write up!


It is a time for Saints to be made. Trials and tribulations are nothing new to Catholics. We pick up our crosses (that get heavier each day) and carry on. We don't stop until Christ returns.

Anonymous said...

Another possible aspect of Pope Francis' Machiavellian strategy:

Tyranny most humble

Louie Verrecchio
12. October, 2014
www.harvestingthefruit.com/tyranny-most-humble/

VATICAN-RELIGION-POPE-ASSUMPTIONI ended the last post by suggesting that the Extraordinary Synod appears to be setting the stage for showing the world what tyranny looks like in action. Given the humble pope’s dismantling of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate, I probably should have added yet again, but be that as it may…

One may well wonder what that tyranny might look like in practice.

It may very well be that the interventions [and relatio] given at the Extraordinary Synod, and the reactions of bishops worldwide thereto, is going to serve as the mechanism by which Pope Francis will separate the sheep from the goats, such as he sees them, in the year to come.

In other words, he will use what he has learned in order to further identify those in the episcopate and the College of Cardinals who do not share his most merciful agenda as expressed on his behalf by Cardinal Kasper at the Consistory in February.

M. Prodigal said...

All of the most faithful, holy, and prayerful Catholics I know are VERY upset by what is going on. To have this non-summary come out and claim to be a summary is a LIE from the pit of hell and those who do and condone such things are sinning. The pope had better not be approving any of this shenanigans. And if he is, may the Good Lord deal with him.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your postings very much. I am up here in Canada - almost a secular wasteland - where abortion and ss marriage are legal and are considered automatic entitlements. My daughter's mother in law is a lesbian who has married and divorced her partner, is now living with someone else, and unhesitatingly went up for Communion at our grandson's baptism. This is the kind of thing we are up against. I am trying to help my kids get to heaven in the midst of what is going on up here. Thank you for your faithfulness and witness. I, too, was very discouraged when I read the relatio, but at Mass on Sunday, as i was desperately praying, I was inspired - I thought - why should I be the one who is discouraged - I should/will the one fighting for the faith - I will not let them win!

Westkay said...

Sorry - neglected to identify myself in my post.

TTC said...

Westkay, you go girl. Worthy is the Lamb!

TTC said...

Anon, Louie's observations hit close to home. There is something really creepy about the rolling out of this agenda. Really creepy. There is more than one report that alleges he has it rigged.

Much prayer is needed!

TTC said...

CCC, my thoughts exactly. These are the days. Ugh. LOL